Friday 11 October 2013

Jumping Like A Hipster For Jimpster

Innovative title ehhhh right? Too bad I can't say I've never jumped like a hipster on the music from Jimpster, but I can tell you I would love to go to one of his gigs. This guy is really talented and for quiet a long time in the business. Running Freerange records since 1999, you can say this man has got some experience. 

It's actually a shame I just discovered this man like 2 years ago. First I have to admit his sounds were not what I usually will listen, but I started to play more melodic and acid stuff. Especially his sets are really melodic. 

In a previous post I showed you the remix from Kink from his latest album Porchlight & Rocking Chairs. This album is fully listenable in spotify and is really amazing. Tracks like Rollergirl and Dance Of The Pharoes are my favourites. 


But that's not all. Lately I've heard one of his Boiler Room sets. He had to play after one of my other favorites Detroit Swindle. The set is really melodic and contains a lot of gems I haven't discovered yet. You can hear that my latest mix is highly influenced by this boiler room set. I hope you don't mind for the shameless self promotion, but this is my blog after all. There's also one other little fun-fact I would like to share with you. Below you can listen to the boiler room set and I noticed I am as horrible in dancing as Jimpster. Just check the way he moves with his hands around 20:53. But what's far more important that the set is really awesome and great to listen everywhere you are! 


No comments:

Post a Comment